Charlie Feathers /Heroes of Rockabilly/

Опции темы
19.04.2006, 12:28   # 1
PatrONious
I Told You So!...
Статус: Offline

Польза: +3
Charlie Feathers

"I don't copy when I sing. I'm Charlie Feathers, and I guess I'll be singing like that until the day I die."
Official site:http://www.charliefeathers.com/

Charliefeathers - This Little Show [2000]
1. 2:39 Introduction
2. 2:15 Stutterin? Cindy - missing start
3. 3:44 Tear It Up
4. 2:39 We?re Getting Closer To Being Apart
5. 2:31 Coochie Coo
6. 4:03 Tongue Tied Jill
7. 2:01 Get With It
8. 2:07 Walking The Dog
9. 2:10 Tongue Tied Jill
10. 3:12 Folsom Prison Blues
11. 3:23 Gone Gone Gone
12. 2:55 Uh Huh Honey
13. 2:18 I Forgot To Remember To Forget
14. 2:27 Mound Of Clay
15. 1:58 The Man In Love
16. 2:22 Bottle To The Baby - unissued alternativ demo
17. 2:20 Stutterin? Cindy - unissued Philwood recording
18. 2:55 That Certain Female - unissued alternative version
19. 2:30 Mount Of Clay
20. 2:48 Let?s Live A Little Now
21. 2:32 Two To Choose
22. 2:40 Don?t Let Me Cross Over
23. 3:19 Send Me The Pillow That You Dream On

size: 33,2Mb+32,7Mb=56Mb bitrate: 160kbps
1st http://www.sendspace.com/file/oqfiko
2nd http://www.sendspace.com/file/mouhgh
Наверх
Отметили: MAQ
19.04.2006, 22:16   # 2
madcat
Гость
Респектищеее!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Величайший человек!!!!!!!!один вокал чего стоит!!!
у меня етого альбома нет!еще выложить!
Наверх
11.05.2006, 23:03   # 3
guten morgen
врагам не сдастся

Польза: +4

Скрытый текст (вы должны зарегистрироваться или войти под своим логином):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащийся здесь.
Наверх
12.05.2006, 20:11   # 4
guten morgen
врагам не сдастся

Польза: 0
а чего писать? всё на обложке написано...
Наверх
17.10.2006, 16:16   # 5
Tonny
активный кренделябр

Польза: +5
Charlie Feathers - Uh Huh Honey
Norton Rec.

1 Stutterin' Cindy
2 Tear It Up
3 Gone, Gone, Gone
4 Tongue-Tied Jill
5 The Wild Side of Life
6 Do You Know
7 She Knows How to Rock Me
8 Wide River
9 Crazy Heart
10 Chicken Plucker
11 Uh Huh Honey
12 Cold Dark Night
13 Rain
14 Mama Oh Mama
15 Cherry Wine
16 There Will Be Three
17 I'm Movin' On
18 Rain
19 Long Time Ago
20 That Certain Female
21 She Set Me Free
22 Way in the Night
23 I Guess I'm Crazy
24 Stutterin' Cindy
25 We're Getting Closer to Being Apart
26 Cootzie Coo
27 Get With It
28 Walking the Dog

Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 1 сообщение(ий)):
Наверх
22.11.2006, 17:13   # 6
karlan
повелитель мыслей

Польза: +5
Charlie Feathers SUN Demo

UNION, Memphis, Tennessee 01.31.56

128 bitraide

20 Mb

01 Bottle to the baby ( take 01 )
02 So ashamed ( take 01 )
03 Frankie and johnny ( take 02 )
04 Honky tonk kind ( take 03 )
05 Frankie and johnny ( take 05 )
06 So ashamed ( take 02 )
07 Honky tonk kind ( take 04 and false starts )
08 Bottle to the baby ( take 02 )

мегаклассика,светлой памяти гению rockabilly...

PatrONious, а PatrONious
нельзя ли перелить This Little Show [2000?]?
Наверх
03.12.2006, 13:23   # 7
karlan
повелитель мыслей

Польза: +2
Jungle Fever (венил)

01 - Tongue-Tied Jill
02 - Get With It
03 - Bottle To The Baby
04 - One Hand Loose
05 - Nobody's Woman
06 - Can't Hardly Stand
07 - Everybody's Lovin' My Baby
08 - Too Much Alike
09 - When You Come Around
10 - When You Decide
11 - Jungle Fever
12 - Why Don't You
13 - Wild Wild Party
14 - Today And Tomorrow
15 - Stutterin' Cindy
16 - Tear It Up
17 - Uh Huh Honey
18 - That Certain Female
19 - She Set Me Free
20 - A Wedding Gown Of White

192 bitrate

68 mb

PatrONious, а PatrONious
Наверх
03.12.2006, 14:24   # 8
PatrONious
I Told You So!...

Сообщение от karlan
PatrONious, а PatrONious
Дык конечно можно, для хороших людей не жалко, ты бы мне в личку отписал сразу и не ждал бы долго. Короче буит скоро все, не пузырься революция!

Charlie Feathers - This Little Show (2000)<160kbps>

Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 30 сообщение(ий)):
Наверх
03.12.2006, 20:13   # 9
Tonny
активный кренделябр

Польза: +6
Charlie Feathers - Tip Top Daddy
Norton Rec. 1995

1. This Lonesome Feeling
2. Talkin' 'Bout Lovin'
3. Live and Let Live
4. Bottle to the Baby
5. Have You Ever
6. Wide River
7. You Believe Everyone But Me #1
8. Don't You Worry Little Darlin'
9. Yesterday Is That Other Day in Life
10. Johnny Come Listen
11. Don't Let Me Cross Over
12. The Rules of Love
13. Nobody Answered
14. Fireball Mail
15. You Believe Everyone But Me #2
16. Walkin' Alone
17. Darlin' Please Wait for Me
18. Early in the Morning
19. Crazy Heart
20. You Believe Everyone But Me #3
21. When You Decide
22. She Done Good
23. Am I Losing What I Found

Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 1 сообщение(ий)):

Домашние акустические демо-записи Чарли с 1958 по 1973 гг. Как говорил Б.Симонов - "Ощущение, как будто пленки присланы с того света". Точнее и не скажешь...
Наверх
Отметили: MAQ, madcat50
19.06.2007, 20:37   # 10
bardtale
живет на форуме

Artist.........: Charlie Feathers
Album..........: That Rock-a-billy Cat!
Year...........: 1979
Bitrate........: 192 kbps
Size...........: 66 mb

Cover..........:

Tracklist......:
01-Gone, Gone, Gone
02-Tongue-Tied-Jill
03-Wild Side Of Life
04-Do You Know
05-Rock Me
06-Wide River
07-Crazy Heart
08-Uh Huh Honey
09-Cold Dark Night
10-Rain
11-Mama Oh Mama
12-Cherry Wine
13-There Will Be Three
14-I'm Movin' On

Links..........:
Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 40 сообщение(ий)):

Наверх
Отметили: MAQ, madcat50
04.10.2007, 20:46   # 11
Генри Чинаски
прокаженный

live in memphis,tenessee
картинки нет, дата - хз

1. Honky Tonk Man (2:30)
2. Shake Rattle And Roll (2:29)
3. Rock n Roll Ruby (2:01)
4. Its All Over Now (3:52)
5. Tied Jil (2:17)
6. Roll Over Beethoven (2:39)
7. Blueberry Hill (3:12)
8. I Got A Woman (2:38)
9. Wild Side Of Life (2:16)
10. Hello Josephine (2:46)
11. Send Me The Pillow You Dream On (2:48)
12. Blue Moon Of Kentucky (2:14)

Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 100 сообщение(ий)):

live in paris

треклист и дата

Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 100 сообщение(ий)):

битрейд 160 кбс
Наверх
21.10.2007, 15:08   # 12
Tonny
активный кренделябр

Charlie Feathers - Gone, Gone, Gone
Charly Rec., 1999

1. Peepin' Eyes
2. I've Been Deceived
3. Defrost Your Heart
4. Wedding Gown of White
5. Bottle to the Baby
6. We're Getting Closer to Being Apart
7. The Man in Love
8. Runnin' Around
9. So Ashamed
10. Honky Tonk Kind
11. Frankie and Johnny
12. Corrine, Corrina
13. Someday You Will Pay [with The Miller Sisters]
14. I've Been Deceved [Alternate Version]
15. Defrost Your Heart [Alternate Version]
16. Bottle to the Baby [Later Demo Version]
17. I Forgot to Remember to Forget
18. Uh Huh, Honey
19. Mound of Clay
20. Tongue-Tied Jill
21. Gone, Gone, Gone
22. Two to Choose
23. Send Me the Pillow That You Dream On
24. Folsom Prison Blues

320 kbit/s, 70 + 64 Mb

Наверх
31.03.2008, 14:49   # 13
Roger11
живет на форуме

Charlie Feathers was many things to many fans of rock and country music. To some, he was a superb country stylist who could take almost any piece of material and stamp it with the full force of his personality. To others, he was one of rockabilly's great pioneers, there at the dawn of Sun Records. And Feathers' stubborn insistence on combining elements of country, raw blues, and bluegrass to make his own version of the rockabilly experience showed him to be one of the genre's most original and enduring artists.

Feathers was born near Slayden, MS, with music all around the sharecropping community he grew up in. After day jobs in Illinois and Texas, Feathers moved to Memphis in 1950, working for a box manufacturer until a bout with spinal meningitis left him hospitalized. Listening to the radio there on a daily basis, he emerged from his stay determined to become a professional singer. By 1954, Feathers was working his way into the confines of Sam Phillips' Memphis Recording Service, with an eye toward getting something released on Sun Records. He filled in whenever and wherever he could, helping with arrangement ideas, even playing spoons on a Miller Sisters session. Demoing songs for steel guitarist Stan Kesler found him getting half credit on the Elvis Sun side "I Forgot to Remember to Forget." Phillips decided to start a local non-union label called Flip to test out new artists, and after pairing Feathers with country session songwriter-musicians Bill Cantrell and Quinton Claunch, released Charlie's first single on that label, the classic "Peepin' Eyes" coupled with "I've Been Deceived." The record kicked enough noise locally to get Feathers transferred to Sun for a second single, but the artist had bigger visions. Although Phillips saw him as "a superb country stylist," Feathers wanted to rock and cut many Sun demo sessions in that style. When Phillips turned a deaf ear to it all, Feathers' impatience led him to Memphis rival Meteor Records, where he waxed the two-sided rockabilly classic "Tongue-Tied Jill" and "Get With It." This single garnered enough Memphis airplay to cement him a deal with King Records, and it is here that the Charlie Feathers as rockabilly legend story begins in earnest. The dozen or so sides he cut as singles for King are the greatest '50s rockabilly tracks to escape the hegemony of the Sun studios, with "One Hand Loose," "Bottle to the Baby," "Everybody's Lovin' My Baby," and "I Can't Hardly Stand It" all becoming classics of the genre. Their territorial success got Feathers on numerous package tours and multiple appearances on Dallas' Big D Jamboree. When the King contract ran out, Feathers continued to record one-off singles of very high musical quality, for a variety of Memphis labels, while stubbornly playing his music for whatever local audience cared to listen.

When the rockabilly revival started up in Europe in the early '70s, Feathers became the first living artist up for deification by collectors. His old 45s suddenly became worth hundreds of dollars, and every interviewer wanted to know why he never really made it big and what his true involvement with Sun consisted of. Feathers embroidered the story with a skewed view of rock & roll history with each retelling, to be sure, but once he picked up his guitar and sang to reinforce his point, the truth came out in his music. Never mind why he didn't make it back in the '50s; he could still deliver the goods now.

With health problems plaguing him from his diabetes and a surgically removed lung, Feathers continued on his own irascible course, recording his first album for a major label in 1991 (Elektra's American Masters series) and continuing to perform and record for his wide European fan base. Truly an American music original, Feathers died August 29, 1998, of complications following a stroke; he was 66.

Charlie Feathers was a key engineer of the bridge between country music and rock & roll. This enlightening collection shows his progression from piercing hillbilly to energetic rocker, as fiddle and steel guitar get left behind in favor of the pulsing backbeat and guitar churn. No one really knows if he taught the Sun masters all they know, as he often claimed, but these recordings make that case irrelevant, since they stand very tall on their own merits.

Charlie Feathers - Get With It Essential Recordings (1954-69)

VBR
150 MB
covers

Watch Charlie on Youtube "Good Rockin' Tonight" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCvkS...eature=related

Released: 1998
Contents: 2 CD's,
Revenant No. 209

Charlie Feathers: No other performer scaled such heights in both primeval rockabilly and keening hillbilly country. Presley? Nary a hillbilly wail in sight; Feathers' adenoidal whine could strip paint off walls. Here are all his Sun, Flip, King, Meteor, Kay, Walmay and Holiday Inn sides plus rare, unissued tracks including Sun demos, alternate takes and early home recordings with the likes of Junior Kimbrough. 2 discs, 42 tracks, and a 48 page photo-packed book with notes by Jim Dickinson, Colin Escott, Peter Guralnick and Nick Tosches.

John Fahey and Richard K. Spottswood's Revenant label has done some pretty audacious things since it began issuing recordings. The label released everything from the earliest Dock Boggs material to primal material from the Stanley Brothers, a collection of (very) raw American pre-World War II gospel music, and even Cecil Taylor's Nefertiti, the Beautiful One Has Come. But nothing could have prepared the public for this deluxe double-CD issue of the work of rockabilly legend and music biz phantom Charlie Feathers. Feathers was an enigma, a man who claimed to have shown Jerry Lee Lewis how to play his "pumping" style of piano and arranged Elvis' Sun material. He co-wrote Elvis' first number one hit, "I Forgot to Remember to Forget," and spouted off about why music sucks and the secrets of the Sun sound ad nauseum for close to four decades. But in this collection, none of that matters -- it does not prove or disprove his claims, but certainly testifies that it is possible that what he boasted was true, because the truth is in the grooves. The package is deluxe as hell: long essays by Peter Guralnick, Jim Dickinson, and Colin Escott accompany two CDs broken down into issued and unissued material. The released material features all the masters of his singles for Sun, Meteor, King, Kay, Walmay, and Holiday Inn. There are a couple of missing sides, such as the Memphis label single "Wild, Wild Party," covered by Link Wray in the 1980s, and a Philwood single of Feathers' cover of "Tear It Up." There is something in the grain of Feathers' voice on his issued singles that is off-kilter or off the rails. It stutters, sputters, spits, and stings, while slipping and blurring and rolling through lyrics as if they are dialogue from outer space being dictated to him on the spot. From "I've Been Deceived"; "Defrost Your Heart," with its ghostly, voodoo lyrics; to the King "Can't Hardly Stand It," with its sidewinder guitar; to Meteor's "Get With It" and RCA's "When You Decide," the effect is the same. This is a cat who knows just what he's about, even if nobody else does. And he doesn't try too hard to get it across, he just lets it all happen, like a flood on a suburban street -- the sewer blocks up and all sorts of crazy sht pours out into the gutter. Disc two is where the revelation and science-fiction show really happens, though. All of it is unissued demos. Feathers accompanies himself on a guitar, or someone else helps him out and remains uncredited; his son plays lead. Feathers changes words mid-sentence, figures out a new bridge as the tape is rolling and the song is unfolding from the confines of his spooked-out mind -- and then there are the recordings Feathers did in Mississippi with Junior Kimbrough. Feathers celebrated Kimbrough as the greatest musician alive long before the late Bob Palmer ever heard of him. These 21 tracks (including three takes of "Bottle to the Baby") offer a view of an artist whose time never came, whose dreams simply will not give way to reality, and whose amazing merit as a creative force will not let him rest. It's too much and not nearly enough; it's full of questions with only ciphers for answers. For any fan of primitive, pure American roots music, Get With It is indispensable.

The timing of this exciting new 2-disc, 42-song collection of rockabilly legend Charlie Feathers, is absolutely chilling, given Feathers' death in late August at 66; about a month after its release.

The first disc collects all of his sides cut for Flip, Sun, Meteor, King, Kay, Wal-May and Holiday Inn between 1955 and 1962, including his classic rockabilly numbers "One Hand Loose," "Bottle to the Baby" and "Tongue Tied Jill" plus early hillbilly numbers like "Peepin' Eyes" and "Defrost Your Heart. They show Feathers to have been one of the most promising country singers of his generation, possessing a fine tenor that sounded like a cross between Bill Monroe and Lefty Frizzell. It's easy to fault Sam Phillips for pushing Feathers as a country singer, but the fact is Feathers was every bit as good at country as he was at rockabilly.

The second disc dips into the archives, unearthing demos recorded at Sun in the mid '50's and two 1969 numbers recorded with blues guitarist Junior Kimbrough. One of the more interesting Sun numbers is "We're Getting Closer to Being Apart," which more than one source has said would have ended up being Elvis Presley's sixth Sun single had he not signed with RCA in 1956.

"Nothing short of amazing." - Billboard

"Revelatory, making a persuasive case for his unjustly obscure genius." - Entertainment Weekly

"Charlie Feathers is the main reason there is and was Sun Records. I will always be a Charlie Feathers fan." - Johnny Cash

"He was a damn talent. He could have been the George Jones of his day--a superb stylist." - Sam Phillips

"Something about Memphis in the '50s allowed for the unexpected marriage of country and blues, bluegrass and R&B, and the spirit of that time and place is captured in Feathers' music as powerfully as anywhere else." - The Onion

"Some tough goddamn stuff, baby. Damn sure is!" - Charlie Feathers

Track:

Disc 1
1. I've Been Deceived
2. Peepin' Eyes
3. Someday You Will Pay
4. Defrost Your Heart
5. Wedding Gown of White
6. Get With It
7. Tongue Tied Jill
8. One Hand Loose
9. Can't Hardly Stand It
10. Bottle to the Baby
11. Everybody's Lovin' My Baby
12. Too Much Alike
13. When You Come Around
14. When You Decide
15. Nobody's Woman
16. Jungle Fever
17. Why Don't You
18. Dinky John
19. South of Chicago
20. Nobody's Darlin'
21. Deep Elm Blues

Disc 2
1. Runnin' Around
2. So Ashamed
3. Honky Tonk Kind
4. Frankie & Johnny
5. Corrinne, Corrina
6. We're Getting Close to Being Apart
7. The Man in Love
8. Johnny Come Listen
9. Talkin 'Bout Lovin'
10. Early in the Morning
11. Don't Let Me Cross Over
12. Where's She At Tonight
13. Don't You Know
14. Wild Side of Life
15. Release Me
16. Feel Good Again
17. Defrost Your Heart
18. I've Been Deceived
19. Bottle to the Baby
20. Bottle to the Baby
21. Bottle to the Baby

http://rapidshare.com/files/103743072/C.F.-TE.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/103747750/C.F.-TE.part2.rar

enjoy
Наверх
Отметили: Кирилл Петроград, charlie, Tonny, MAQ
11.04.2008, 12:38   # 14
Roger11
живет на форуме

Product Details
Audio CD
Original Release Date: 1979
Number of Discs: 1
Label: Edsel Records
ASIN: B000UCSLHW

This import cd was put out by Edsel Records. It says '1979 Barrelhouse Records' and '1992 Demon Records Ltd., Brentford, Middx, TW8 9HF. Manufactured in France' on the back insert.

Born

Charles Feathers on Jun 12, 1932 in Slayden, MS

Died

Aug 29, 1998 in Memphis, TN

Born in the same North Mississippi hill country area as R.L. Burnside and Junior Kimbrough, Feathers brought the same intensity and hypnotic abandon for which those two bluesmen are known to his own revved-up hybrid of Rockabilly, country and blues. Feathers recorded for Sun Records in Memphis, but he always resisted Sam Phillips' efforts to turn him into a straight country singer, which led him to record for other small regional labels such as Meteor and King. He never had more than regional popularity until the European Rockabilly revival of the 1970s made him a cult star abroad and at home. Feathers is a singer of amazing power and nuance, whose voice is as distinctive as that of Howlin' Wolf or Hank Williams. Throughout a career where he was burned repeatedly by bad deals and broken promises, he stuck to his own very clear vision of what his music should be: a genre-blurring gumbo of country, blues and Honky-Tonk. It may have cost him financially, but no one can take away his recorded legacy. Feathers died in 1998 at the age of 66.

- Tom Heyman

Charlie Feathers - That Rockabilly Cat (Re-Up)

66 MB
CBR above 200 kbp/s
Ogg files

Tracks:

01 - Gone Gone Gone
02 - Tongue Tied Jill
03 - Wild Side Of Life
04 - Do You Know
05 - Rock Me
06 - Wide River
07 - Crazy Heart
08 - Two To Choose
09 - Uh Huh Honey
10 - Cold Dark Night
11 - Rain
12 - Mama Oh Mama
13 - Cherry Wine
14 - There Will Be Three
15 - I'm Moving On
16 - Send Me The Pillow That You Dream On

http://rapidshare.com/files/106445877/C.F-TRK.rar

enjoy
Наверх
Отметили: Кирилл Петроград, Tonny, MAQ
08.03.2009, 21:23   # 15
karlan
повелитель мыслей

Album..........: Wild Side Of Life
Year...........: 2008
Genre..........: rockabilly
Bitrate........: 192
Size...........: 72,7

Tracklist......:
1 Wild Side Of Life
2 One More Time
3 We’re Getting Closer To Being Apart
4 Am I That Easy To Forget
5 Pardon Me Mister
6 Cockroach
7 I Want To Love You
8 Wedding Gown Of White (1973 version)
9 Dig Myself A Hole
10 ’Cause I Love You
11 Frankie And Johnny
12 Mound Of Clay
13 Why Pretend
14 I Forgot To Remember To Forget
15 Man In Love
16 Folsom Prison Blues
17 Release Me (with Junior Kimbrough)
18 Charlie Feathers Interview Part One

Links..........:
Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 5 сообщение(ий)):

Добавлено через 45 минут

Album..........: Honky Tonk Kind
Size...........: 75,7

Tracklist......:
1 One Good Gal
2 Give Back All The Love You Gave
3 Honky Tonk Kind
4 I Can't Seem To Remember To Forget
5 If You Were Mine To Lose
6 I Lose My Mind
7 Folsom Prison Blues
8 We're Getting Closer To Being Apart
9 You Believe Everyone But Me
10 I Want To Love You
11 Send Me The Pillow You Dream On
12 Cold Cold Heart
13 Dinky John
14 Two To Choose
15 Dig Myself A Hole
16 Feel Good Again (With Junior Kimbrough)
17 Charlie Feathers Interview Part 2

Links..........:
Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 5 сообщение(ий)):

Добавлено через 47 минут

Album..........: Long Time Ago
Size...........: 76,8

Tracklist......:
1 Jungle Fever
2 Frankie And Johnny
3 She's Gone
4 That's All Right
5 It's Just That Song
6 Why Don't You
7 Knoxville Girl
8 I Lose My Mind
9 Jungle Fever
10 Long Time Ago
11 I Want To Love You
12 Will You Be Satisfied That Way
13 Folsom Prison Blues
14 We're Getting Closer To Being Apart
15 South Of Chicago
16 Mound Of Clay
17 Lonesome Whistle
18 Charlie Feathers Interview Part Three

Links..........:

Несколько песен до этого вообще не встречал, например, альтернативную версию Jungle Fever

Последний раз редактировалось karlan; 08.03.2009 в 21:23. Причина: Добавлено сообщение
Наверх
Отметили: Michael Myers, bardtale, MAQ, zmit
11.04.2009, 22:53   # 16
Roger11
живет на форуме

Charlie Feathers - Rare And Unissued Recordings

Lossless 1411 kbp/s & covers

app 650 MB

Fans of righteous rockabilly music rejoice: Norton Records, America’s premier purveyor of obscure roots music, has just released a three-record collection of rare and previously unheard Charlie Feathers songs. Norton has been championing Feathers for more than a decade, releasing four other compilations of his work over the years, but this latest effort is the whipped cream atop the pie.

For neophytes, Feathers is one of our most underrated rock 'n’ roll innovators. Despite being illiterate and possessing only a third-grade education, his career spanned five decades and produced some of the most unusual, powerful and heartfelt songs in the rockabilly canon. Born in Mississippi in 1932, he started out as a session player at legendary Sun Records before moving on to record memorable singles of his own for Sun, Meteor and King Records. Never a big seller, Feathers stayed on the periphery of rock 'n’ roll history, building his legacy with such stellar cuts as “Jungle Fever,” “I Forgot to Remember to Forget” (which was cut by Elvis himself on an early Sun single) and “Can’t Hardly Stand It” (which the Cramps brought into the punk rock lexicon on their “Bad Music for Bad People” LP).

These new collections are either a great introduction to the work of Feathers or the crowning pieces in one’s existing Charlie Feathers collection. Included are home demos, live recordings, one-off singles and LP cuts that represent the '50s through the early '80s. The three volumes -- “Wild Side of Life,” “Honky Tonk Kind” and “Long Time Ago” -- present a slew of sometimes-fuzzy and lo-fi but always moving recordings, including the brooding “Long Time Ago,” the solitary drinking song “It’s Just That Song” and multiple versions of cuts such as “Folsom Prison Blues” (“I will always be a Charlie Feathers fan,” Johnny Cash once said) and “Mound of Clay.” With his patented hiccup and plaintive, raw voice, Feathers' various stylings, including country, honky-tonk and blues, are given full voice. To sweeten the deal, there are two songs featuring the dueling talents of Feathers and legendary north Mississippi bluesman Junior Kimbrough, plus excerpts from a rare interview session.

Feathers died in 1998, but his impressive legacy lives on, thanks to these lovingly compiled issues. His simple, physical, honest and energetic approach to musicmaking can be summed up by these words from the interview excerpt at the end of “Honky Tonk Kind”: “I’ve said it and I’ll say it again. If you can sing and you know three chords, that’s all you need.”

Norton Records Inc 2008
New York City USA

The first volume in Norton Records' three-volume set of rare and unreleased tracks by rockabilly legend Charlie Feathers, WILD SIDE OF LIFE, contains 17 songs plus a six-minute interview with the man himself. Highlights include the weepy country ballad "Wedding Gown of White," a rollicking take on the traditional "Frankie and Johnny," and the minimalist bass-driven shuffle "Cockroach," which features a quirky, half-moaned and all but unintelligible lead vocal. - "The title track is a beautifully loose live rendition, while 'Release Me', a duet with Junior Kimbrough, is a radical deconstruction."

Wild Side Of Life

Tracks:

Wild Side Of Life
One More Time
We're Getting Closer To Being Apart
Am I That Easy To Forget
Pardon Me Mister
Cockroach
I Want To Love You
Wedding Gown Of White
Dig Myself A Hole
'Cause I Love You
Frankie & Johnny
Mound Of Clay
Why Pretend I Can Win
I Forgot To Remember To Forget
A Man In Love
Folsom Prison Blues
Release Me
Interview Part 1

The second volume in Norton Records' three volume set of rare and unreleased tracks by rockabilly legend Charlie Feathers, HONKY TONK KIND, contains 16 tracks plus a five and a half minute interview. True to the album title, HONKY TONK KIND focuses primarily on Feathers's country material, including beat-heavy covers of Nashville classics like "Send Me the Pillow You Dream On" and "Cold Cold Heart."

Honky Tonk Kind

Tracks:

Cold Cold Heart
Dig Myself A Hole
Dinky John
Feel Good Again
Folsom Prison Blues
Give Back The Love That You Gave
Honky Tonk Kind
I Can't Seem To Remember To Forget
I Lose My Mind
I Want To Love You
If You Were Mine To Loose
One Good Gal
Send Me The Pillow That You Dream On
Two To Choose
We' re Gettin' Closer To Being Apart
You Believe Everyone But Me
Interview Part 2

Tracks:

The final volume in Norton Records' three-volume set of rare and unreleased tracks by rockabilly legend Charlie Feathers, LONG TIME AGO, contains 17 tracks plus a seven-minute interview with Feathers. This volume contains two versions of one of Feathers's signature songs, "Jungle Fever," as well as the bluesy "Knoxville Girl" and a cover of Johnny Cash's iconic "Folsom Prison Blues."

Long Time Ago

Tracks:

Jungle Fever
Frankie & Johnny
She's Gone
That's All Right
It's Just That Song
Why Don't You
Knoxville Girl
I Lose My Mind
Jungle Fever
Long Tome Ago
I Want To Love You
Will You Be Satisfied That Way
Folsom Prison Blues
We're Gettin' Closer To Being Apart
South Of Chicago
Mound Of Clay
Lonesome Whistle
Interview Part Three

http://rapidshare.com/files/220044262/CF-RaU1.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/220044265/CF-RaU1.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/220052459/CF-RaU1.part3.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/220052460/CF-RaU2.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/220062828/CF-RaU2.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/220062830/CF-Rau2.part3.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/220079957/CF-Rau3.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/220079961/CF-RaU3.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/220082880/CF-RaU3.part3.rar

enjoy and have a nice Easter holiday

Добавлено через 2 часа 46 минут

Charlie Feathers - Uh Huh Honey (Re-Up)

Release Date

Nov 16, 1993

Label: Norton

1993 CD Norton 225
1996 LP Norton 225
1997 LP Norton 000225

CD rip @ 320 kbp/s & covers
160 MB

An important part of any Charlie Feathers or rockabilly collection, this brings together all of his late-'60s recordings for the Memphis-based Philwood label, along with some fascinating live TV recordings from 1978. Charlie is in rare form on these explosive sides, turning in the best version of "Tear It Up" ever recorded, with its legendary B-side, "Stutterin' Cindy." The television broadcast from Houston finds Charlie in a drummer-less trio format -- as real as rockabilly gets -- running through an inspired set that covers everything from the ballad "We're Getting Closer to Being Apart" to his classic "Get With It." Even if you already have the double set of Feathers classics on Revenant, here's the companion volume.

Tracks:

Cherry Wine
Chicken Plucker
Cold Dark Night
Cootzie Coo
Crazy Heart
Do You Know
Get With It
Gone, Gone, Gone
I Guess I'm Crazy
I'm Movin' On
Long Time Ago
Mama Oh Mama
Rain (Alternate)
Rain
She Knows How To Rock Me
She Set Me Free
Stutterin' Cindy (Alternate)
Stutterin' Cindy
Tear It Up
That Certain Female
There Will Be Three
Tongue Tied Jill
Uh Huh Honey
Walking the Dog
Way In the Night
We're Getting Closer To Being Apart
Wide River
Wild Side Of Life

http://rapidshare.com/files/219767737/CF1.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/219767739/CF1.part2.rar

enjoy

Последний раз редактировалось Roger11; 11.04.2009 в 22:53. Причина: Добавлено сообщение
Наверх
Отметили: MAQ, Radiate13, karlan
16.11.2009, 23:03   # 17
Roger11
живет на форуме

Charlie Feathers - I Ain't Done Yet

Sunjay Records (Sweden)

Audio CD (April 9, 2003)
Original Release Date: April 9, 2003
Label: Sunjay

See also : http://www.rockabillyhall.com/PhilShaunCharlieF.html

320 kbp/s & covers
130 MB

Tracks:

01 - I'm Gonna Give Back All The Love
02 - Dig Myself A Hole
03 - What Am I Living For
04 - Pardon Me Mister
05 - Let's Live A Little
06 - I'll Never Let You Go
07 - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
08 - I'm Left,You're Right, She's Gone
09 - Look Up
10 - Mean Woman Blues
11 - I'm Gonna Give Back All The Love
12 - I Don't Care If Tomorrow Never Comes
13 - Blue Moon Of Kentucky
14 - Let's Live A Little
15 - Uh Uh Honey
16 - Defrost Your Heart
17 - Oklahoma Hills
18 - Look Up
19 - Seasons Of My Heart
20 - I Forgot To Remember To Forget

http://rapidshare.com/files/307937630/CF-IADY.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/307937631/CF-IADY.part2.rar

pass: keeponrocking

enjoy
Наверх
Отметили: charlie, MAQ, karlan
22.11.2016, 19:55   # 18
Romanich
живет на форуме

Album..........: Jungle Fever: 1955-1962 Recordings + covers
Year...........: 2016
Bitrate........: 320 kbps
Size...........: 176 mb
Comment........:
Original Release Date: February 10, 2016. Label: HooDoo Records. Total Length: 1:15:48. This special collector's edition contains 30 remastered recordings by Charlie Feathers, consisting of a selection of the magnificent tunes he made at his peak for different labels (such as Sun, Meteor, Kay, Wal-May and King Records) between 1955 and 1962. All of his most famous songs and enduring singles are featured on this great CD, which is a quintessential testament to the true genius of rockabilly's main man, the late, great Charlie Feathers. PERSONNEL: CHARLIE FEATHERS, lead vocals & guitar, plus: JERRY HUFFMAN, ROLAND JANES, guitar JODY CHASTAIN, bass JIMMY SWORDS, drums Recorded in Memphis, Nashville and Cincinnati, between 1955 and 1962. http://dentonspeed.com/hot-rod-build...er-rockabilly/

Tracklist......:
01. When You Come Around
02. Get With It
03. Bottle To The Baby
04. Tongeud -Tied Jill
05. Why Don't You
06. Everybody's Lovin' My Baby
07. One Hand Loose
08. Defrost Your Heart
09. Wild Wild Party
10. Nobody's Woman
11. Can't Hardly Stand It
12. When You Decide
13. Frankie And Johnny
14. Nobody's Darling
15. Runnin' Around
16. Too Much Alike
17. A Wedding Gown Of White
18. Jungle Fever
19. Dinky John
20. So Ashamed
21. Peepin' Eyes
22. I've Been Deceived
23. Corrine Corrine
24. The Man In Love
25. Bottle To the Baby ( Alt. Take )
26. Can't Hardly Stand It (Alt. Take)
27. This Lonesome Feeling
28. Deep Elm Blues
29. South Of Chicago
30. Today And Tomorrow

Links..........:
Скрытый текст (вы должны войти под своим логином или зарегистрироваться и иметь 50 сообщение(ий)):
Наверх
Отметили: JC Denton, klong
Ответ