живет на форуме
Статус: Offline

Product Details
Audio CD
Original Release Date: 1979
Number of Discs: 1
Label: Edsel Records
ASIN: B000UCSLHW

This import cd was put out by Edsel Records. It says '1979 Barrelhouse Records' and '1992 Demon Records Ltd., Brentford, Middx, TW8 9HF. Manufactured in France' on the back insert.

Born

Charles Feathers on Jun 12, 1932 in Slayden, MS

Died

Aug 29, 1998 in Memphis, TN

Born in the same North Mississippi hill country area as R.L. Burnside and Junior Kimbrough, Feathers brought the same intensity and hypnotic abandon for which those two bluesmen are known to his own revved-up hybrid of Rockabilly, country and blues. Feathers recorded for Sun Records in Memphis, but he always resisted Sam Phillips' efforts to turn him into a straight country singer, which led him to record for other small regional labels such as Meteor and King. He never had more than regional popularity until the European Rockabilly revival of the 1970s made him a cult star abroad and at home. Feathers is a singer of amazing power and nuance, whose voice is as distinctive as that of Howlin' Wolf or Hank Williams. Throughout a career where he was burned repeatedly by bad deals and broken promises, he stuck to his own very clear vision of what his music should be: a genre-blurring gumbo of country, blues and Honky-Tonk. It may have cost him financially, but no one can take away his recorded legacy. Feathers died in 1998 at the age of 66.

- Tom Heyman

Charlie Feathers - That Rockabilly Cat (Re-Up)

66 MB
CBR above 200 kbp/s
Ogg files

Tracks:

01 - Gone Gone Gone
02 - Tongue Tied Jill
03 - Wild Side Of Life
04 - Do You Know
05 - Rock Me
06 - Wide River
07 - Crazy Heart
08 - Two To Choose